Hello everyone, during last week I almost finished my work on the TableSearch class and the Table class. A TableSearchController was created for handling table searching operations such as zoom search and replacing search. But unfortunately there still some test failures, I will comment it out and fix it later. Also, I must deeply apologise for lateness in respond to the community during last week.
Files Covered In This Week
Outcomes In This Week
Create the TableSearchController
After analysing the
PMA_TableSearch class, we decided to create a controller to handle requests for the search function of tables. I applied similar strategies used on controllers before for tbl_select.php, tbl_zoom_select.php and tbl_replace.php.
Change some member functions in PMA_Table class to non-static
Some static member functions in
PMA_Table class like
isMerge() is highly related with specific tables, so it should be associated with an instance of the
PMA_Table class. Therefore I made them non-static.
Fix test failures in PMA_Table_test
Test failures came as I converted some member functions to the non-static version. I believe the problem is caused by fault in creating stubs for test, but I can’t still fix it yet since the lack of knowledge on mocking objects in phpunit. If I still cannot fix the test problem before 10:00 am, July 21st 2015, I may comment the tests out first and work on it again after I finish creating templates for structure.lib.php.
What Will I Do Next
I started working on refactoring structure.lib.php. A new PR was opened, and according to the timeline submitted before, I should get it done before July 25th 2015.