The OOP & refactor project weekly report 3

During this week I updated the template system by changing its support extension to “.phtml”. Also, I have templated some scripts.

Files Covered In This Week

  • Template.class.php
  • tbl_indexes.lib.php
  • scripts/update-po
  • tbl_printview.lib.php

Outcomes In This Week

Change template extension to “.phtml”
After thinking about conversations involved in the PR 1642, I decided to change the template extension to “.phtml” since it’s clearer to show these files are used to render but not being executed. Using “.phtml” as extension has no security risk because everyone can access phpMyAdmin’s source code anywhere.
Further, I have changed a tranlation related script (scripts.update-po) to let it include template scripts.

Add tests for Template class
The problem of lack of tests for the Template class was solved.

Complete templates for db designer module
Templates on db designer was completed. Now it should be clearer!

Template for tbl_indexes.lib.php, tbl_printview.lib.php
In recent two days I complete tests on the tbl_indexes.lib.php and tbl_printview.lib.php. Their template correspond to index_form.phtml and printview directory in the templates folder respectively. Once I complete the template scripts for tbl_column_definitions.lib.php, then I will open a pull request.

What will I Do Next

I will continue working on templates of table related scripts next week.

Advertisements
The OOP & refactor project weekly report 3

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s